August 19, 2009
Here’s what’s floating around in my head right now….
- I have a weird urge to do a triathalon. No idea why. It just sounds like fun, and oddly do-able.
- I should maybe quit watching the Today show, as I think that’s what put the idea of a triathalon in my head.
- My name is Amy, and I’m a paint-aholic. I fully admit it. I re-painted the dining room over the weekend, and I’m very happy with the results – much more bright and welcoming. I now have the urge to repaint every room in the house, and this is no exageration.
- Painting with a toddler running around is totally possible. Nolan only ran his fingers through the wet paint on the walls a couple times and it didn’t even cause a mess.
- I have no idea what I’m going to do when winter hits and I can’t just open the back door and let Nolan run in and out at his will. This is seriously a lifesaver – I just open the door and he spends the morning playing outside with the occassional trip inside to say hi or show me the dirt he collected.
- I also don’t know what I’m going to do when we ship the cows to the sale yard. They’re a great distraction for Nolan – when ever he’s about ready to through a fit, I ask him questions about the cows and he goes to point at them and then tells me what they say.
- I need to post some new photos of the boys. Maybe when I have more than 5 spare minutes…. so basically, check back in 2 years.
- Managing the two boys under 2 has been easier than I expected it to be. That being said, spare moments to do things like update the blog are near non-existent.
- I think we’re finally getting Cooper’s gas problems under control – thank goodness! He’s pretty content during the day (no screaming as a result of gas). The night is still a bit of a different story, but hopefully we’ll tackle that one soon as well.
- Nolan’s morning naps have now been lasting about 4 hours. The afternoon nap seems to be dwindling. I think I’m ok with that. If he starts to get cranky in the afternoon, I still lay him down. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t sleep at all, but he plays in there happy as a clam for a good hour or more. Wish that sleep would rub off on little brother.
- Excited to see one of my nearest and dearest in another week and half for her wedding! Should be lots of fun. Right now, I’m not even caring about fitting into the bridesmaid dress. That could change, but for now, who cares.
- Websites like the Pioneer Woman’s Tasty Kitchen are the devil. If I had them, I would spend hours browsing around that recipe site.
- I have a great little collection of cook books, yet I tend to go to the internet for recipes. I’m in a cooking mood lately.
Maybe after unloading that, my brain will feel less jumbled. Here’s to hoping….