Today, my little monkey is one year old – technically, he turned one at 7:01 this morning. I can’t believe how quickly it’s gone by (if only pregnancy went by half as quickly). Everyday he seems more and more like a little boy and less like my little baby.
At one year old, here’s what the little monkey’s up to…
- He weighs 26 pounds and is 29 inches tall, and has a total of 8 teeth.
- As a baby he looked exactly like daddy. As he gets older, he looks more and more like mama. But he still makes those faces that makes him the spitting image of daddy.
- He walks, runs, climbs, goes up and down stairs, and just about everything else.
- His favorite foods are banana pancakes, lasagna, spaghetti, anything sweet (I blame that last one on both his parents), and paper (the kid feels the need to eat any piece of paper he can get his dimpled little hands on).
- His favorite things to play with are balls, the animals, cell phones, remote controls, computer keyboards, and books. He also likes things that play music or make some sort of noise.
- So far, the little man has done quite a bit of adventuring – fishing and camping, hiking, rode 4-wheelers, watched a pro football game, taken in several basketball games, and has flown cross-country.
- He loves to chase animals and people and being chased in return is even more fun.
- He loves all types of animals (dogs, cats, fish, horses, goats, etc.) and has even been known to eat some of their food on occasion – good thing a few pieces of dog food and hay aren’t lethal.
- He loves to be scared (imagine peek-a-boo on crack) and to be thrown high in the air by daddy (mama’s just not strong enough to do that any more – at least not as high as he likes).
- Already the boy likes a challenge and prefers to play with the older kids and try to keep up rather than playing with younger kids.
- Although he loves his mama and clings to her when hurt, he’s a man’s man and most definitely a daddy’s boy.
This year has been something else – not sure there are words for the first year with your first baby, so I’ll just leave it at that. Tonight we’ll celebrate with a little cupcake and Sunday we’ll have friends over for more cake, food, and games.