Ok, so a quick update on life in general….
- Game room is done! This means my living room has been transformed from a storage unit into a useable room!
- Christmas tree and decorations are up and glowing. Christmas scented candles have been burning non-stop and I L-O-V-E it!
- Nolan is super excited and loving the Christmas tree, but only when the lights are on. Can’t blame him, an un-lit tree is a bit depressing.
- Brandon is the best ever! Besides all the work he’s done on the house to get it ready for Christmas because he knows how much it means to me, he also recoreded “It’s a Wonderful Life”! This would be my second favorite Christmas movie, just behind “White Christmas,” and I don’t have it on DVD yet.
- Nolan is a crawling and cruising fool now-a-days. Nothing in the house is safe. The boy is all over the place. Egg sized bumps on head, here we come.
- Snow, lots of friggin’ snow. About a foot now, but of course there was some nasty storm warning this morning about how we could expect another 18 inches over night. Apparently we’re not easing into winter this year – it’s all happening at once.
- Truth be told, right now I think I’d welcome snow. At -14 degrees, it’s too stinking cold to snow! Right now, I would rather it warmed up and snowed than have to deal with my lungs freezing everytime I take a breat outside.
- Christmas has been a sneaky son-of-a-gun this year. We are less than 10 days from the big day and I am SO not even close to being ready.
- Christmas cards still aren’t out. I really should just call them a New Year’s card, because that’s about when they’ll get out in the mail.
- I’m tired of traveling. Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing everyone, but the traveling and being away from home is driving me crazy. Especially this time of year. I just want to be a homebody, spend my days smelling candles, baking, cleaning, and watching sappy holiday movies on the couch. Is that really too much to ask for?
- I have to admit, we were too busy this year to go out and get a tree, and I’m a bit sad about it now. I’m the dork who wants 2 trees – the artificial one for in the house (too much heat plus crazy animlas equals a mess), and then the real one for outside. I really just like the event of going to get a tree. Next year, when Nolan’s old enough to really participate, we’ll make it a priority.
- Speaking of next year…. I’m planning now to spend next Christmas at our own house. We’ll see how that goes, but for now, I’m really hoping for it. Time to make our own traditions with the little one – let him wake up in is own house on Christmas morning, find his presents under his tree, etc.
Well, that’s about it for my quickies. Should I be absent for the next week or so, I hope you all enjoy a VERY merry Christmas with you and yours!! Happy holidays!!