Ear to ear…
September 8, 2008
That’s how big my smile was this weekend – and many times at that! Here’s a rundown of the smile-making events….
- The tile in the kitchen and laundry room is down! We still have to grout and seal, but by Wednesday evening I should have the cabinets (currently in the soon-to-be dining room), kitchen sink (currently in the back yard), and washer/dryer (currently in the back yard) back in their proper place. SO excited to be done with the plywood floors! Brandon is such a champ, basically doing this all by himself!
- Listening to Nolan crack himself up in the mornings while letting mommy and daddy get a bit more rest. He wakes up in a very good mood and is quite content talking to his mobile or the baby in the mirror for a good 15 minutes before deciding he needs to be out of the crib.
- Realizing that we are getting very close to being done with the interior house renovations. So close, I can almost taste it!
- Watching Nolan be mesmerized by football. Seriously, the kid loves it and cannot be distracted while watching it – the look he gives you when you try to distract him is hilarious. And this concentration is not present when watching anything else – just football. As much as it makes me giggle, I’m also a tad worried about what the future will hold for this football fan – the house is already consumed with the football season, and that’s just with Brandon!
- Deciding on what cabinets to get for the kitchen. I can’t wait to have a nice kitchen. Oh, the little things that thrill me.
- Watching a friend who plays the QB position warm up to possibly kick the extra point. Something about it just made me chuckle. Just an out-of-the-ordinary type of situation. I thought, “bet he’s glad he played soccer as a young lad.”
- Nolan’s new found love of animal noises – he especially loves the dog and chicken sounds. The laughs he was giving were huge and contageous. Lucky kid, he actually has a large number of the animals in his back yard! Can’t wait until he can go chase play with them!
Pictures to follow soon.